Wanadoo 8 mb Broadband

Coptheath 16:37 03 Mar 2006

I had and e mail from Wanadoo on the 3rd February while I was away travelling to say that my connection was being upgraded to 8 mb. On my return on the 14th February I found I had no Broadban connection and I have not had one since.
Wanadoo have been very dificult to get trutful answers from Customer Service referred me to technical support and after speaking to various peolple in the call centre in India I was variously promised resolution in 2 days then 5days then 3 days then 5 days. Eventually by various means I managed to find a telephone number of the Head Office but still I have no connection. However they have now told me it is caused by migrating customers to their equipment installed in BT exchanges to provide 8 mb!
I have contacted BBC Watchdog. The exchanges affected are Leeds, Bristol, Solihull, Bradford and possibly others. HELP!

RickH0684 21:47 03 Mar 2006

Right first things first, you have to complain, howver it has be done the right way, dont get on the phone and give anyone an ear bashing, see if you can locate a Chief Exec email on this website, click here if you can then contact him/her either in email or writing, generally the emails work, if not search for them on the internet and you will probably find a postal address, if you email request a read receipt, if you can...if you send a letter i would send it recorded delivery, explain in the letter your concern, how long you have been without a service, i think by rights if you have been paying for a service you havent received they have to give you a refund, you can also request cost of calls etc etc, dont expect to get them though,

In relation to getting your internet back up and running, if you complain first, although it could possibly delay getting your service back they may offer you an alternative, aslong as you keep a note of your "downtime" you can get that back, try to be polite where possible, dont blame anyone/anything, let them come back to you with answers. Dunno what more to say to be honest, feel free to get in touch if you want.

Regards and Good Luck!

Rick0684

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?