wallpaper

shuggee 01:09 22 Oct 2004

I took some photos with a new digital camera. I noticed, after downloading them to the PC, that they have all appeared on my list of wallpapers in desktop properties. How can I remove them.

I have windows XP Home

Thanks in advance for your help
shuggee

JonnyTub 01:46 22 Oct 2004

There's a Hard way and an easy way:

Easy way: create a new folder in my documents and copy all your current and future photos to it, name it something along the lines of "my photos."

Hard way: you'll have to edit the registry for a complete fix, backup your data first!!!

Create a new folder with nothing in it. Then change the default for My Pictures by using regedit. Go to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders, double click on My Pictures and type in the path to the new blank folder.

You will need to create a new shortcut to the actual My Pictures folder.

The My Pictures folder being displayed in the Desktop Tab of Display Properties has been a feature (*cough* FLAW *cough*) of Windows since ME.

Gandalph 01:47 22 Oct 2004

Well, if your OS is windows 98SE all you have to do is right click on the ones to be deleted and then just click delete.

JonnyTub 01:51 22 Oct 2004

it's xp home

JonnyTub 01:52 22 Oct 2004

and when you right click you get a box saying what's this, and an explanation.

shuggee 20:46 22 Oct 2004

Thanks for the information. I'm a bit wary about entering the registry, never having done it before. I suppose I'll have to take the plunge sometime though so this might as well be it. I'll have a go.

JonnyTub 20:48 22 Oct 2004

back up it, create a restore point etc first.

shuggee 20:49 22 Oct 2004

ok, will do. thanks again

JonnyTub 20:50 22 Oct 2004

back up it??????????/

back it up, morelike :-)

shuggee 21:06 22 Oct 2004

I hadn't even noticed that. I'll do both. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?