wall mounted monitor advice needed

Newuser2 19:04 07 Dec 2007

Are there any monitors available that can be fixed directly to a wall, around the 19\20 inch size.

rossgolf 19:51 07 Dec 2007

there are loads most monitors can be
try this:
click here

Migwell 00:08 08 Dec 2007

I have a Medion 19" monitor and I have it wall mounted. You will find as rossgolf said most monitors can be wall mounted. I bought a wall mounting bracket for a TV on ebay it has a double swivel arm and can also be tilted up or down to suit. The fact that it has a double swivel arm means that I can sit in front of the monitor while using the keyboard or turn it to the side and extend it so it is in a good position when using my scanner, also it cab be pushed back out of the way when I don't need the monitor and need all my desk space.

The bracket you will need should be adjustable for 75mm and 100mm vesa sizes these are the pitch of the fixing holes in the back of the monitor.

MORD OF WARNING!!!

Be very careful about the length of the fixing screws into the monitor through the fixing plate on the bracket, as a friend of mine found out when the screws went to far through and contacted his circuit board in the monitor, and the rest is history as they say. OOps no more monitor!!!

Newuser2 20:30 08 Dec 2007

Thanks guys.
It would appear that as long as the monitor/bracket are VESA compatible all would be OK.
Just received the Feb PCA and the LG on page 56 look OK. Will most prob go for that one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?