Waiting for Network problem

Seasider1953 22:58 17 Jan 2008

Since Boxing Day, I have been unable to connect wirelessly to the internet. I am with TalkTalk and have a Belkin router. I have had this set-up working without problem for some 18 months now. I am still able to connect via an ethernet cable. I thought that my router was probably giving up the ghost so I have today gone out and bought a Netgear router. To my dismay I find that I still have the same problem. There are two computers in the house which are similarly affected. I just don't know what to do next. Any help would be most gratefully received. Thanks in anticipation.

Kemistri 22:33 18 Jan 2008

Take back the Netgear for a start. Save your money. Then make certain that nothing has changed at your end and call Talk Talk.

By the way; if you thought that the Belkin was failing, why did you not return that to the seller or invoke the lifetime warranty?

conan_troutman 01:28 19 Jan 2008

I started having troubler jsut after christmas with my network...turns out the chump next door had set up a network using the same channel as mine while I was out visiting family...so I got my re -configured to work on the oppsite end of the spectrum.

and while I was at it I hid that SSID and set up two more in the middle of the spectrum for my new Fonera+ lubbly jubbly

Seasider1953 10:12 19 Jan 2008

Thanks for the responses, but for seemingly no reason the connection was made without me doing anything at about midnight last night! Both routers are happy to connect.

setecio 10:54 19 Jan 2008

Perhaps your next door neighbour reads these forums ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone