w8 will not activate need tel no

sunnystaines 22:11 08 Nov 2014

reset my w8 laptop [no w8 dvd] to factory settings been through the automated process on the phone but the numbers placed in the boxes it says are incorrect yet repeated several times even wrote them down they are correct.

anyone got a tel I can speak with a person rather than a automated reply please.

spuds 23:36 08 Nov 2014

You might find some UK Microsoft contact information from this link click here

sunnystaines 08:25 09 Nov 2014

having a right saga turned laptop back to factory settings to sort some minor glitches I could not fix.

had to run it twice before it booted to factory settings, deleted trial Norton and installed late test version went ok at first then after reboot it reverted to trial version again but was expired also locked out of Norton account. ages on Norton chat fixed that issue.

next warning cam up to activate windows, that failed, so did auto phone system to activate which failed, MS chat could not fix, could not even download their take control app or other browser apps windows was blocking them.

over night the pc seems to have self activated on its own.

from the failed browser saga got a Firefox tile in apps screen, uninstall option does not work, any ideas how to get shot of it.

still going through the many windows updates not even got to w8.1 yet

one of my minor glitches was the bios would not update, Samsung recommended factory setting then try again that is still not updating any tips there please.

looks like today will be all updating and installing.

Ian in Northampton 08:41 09 Nov 2014

www.ninite.com is your friend....

bumpkin 10:27 09 Nov 2014

Microsoft in Reading 0844 800 2400. I have used this number in the past to speak to a live person. Don't know about Sundays though.

sunnystaines 10:29 09 Nov 2014

jockie

I get the Samsung software pop up for it but after reboot it fails to install, only 2 years old. error [-100]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?