W7 Problem with sound

m800afc 16:57 01 Jan 2013

Intel Core i7 CPU [email protected] 3.81GHz: 12Gb RAM: ATI Radeon HD 5770: Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio: Monitor 1 - BenQ2400W (Landscape) Monitor 2 - BenQ2400W (Portrait) Win 7 Pro 64bit: Epson Stylus Photo R1900.

The last couple of weeks I have had a problem with the sound on my computer. When I try to play some, but not all, mp3's or listen live to the BBC Radio 5 live, the sound is normal for 1-2 seconds then becomes garbled and unintelligible. It sounds a bit like DRM, but it can't be that because all the files are DRM free. I normally use Media Monkey for playback, but it is the same for WMP and Quicktime. My sound card is a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio and the Device Manager reports that the card is working as it should, and the driver is up to date.

When I transfer the same mp3 files to my Galaxy Sll they play play perfectly well. When I play any of my games the music and sound effects play normally.

Any help will be much appreciated.

john bunyan 17:59 01 Jan 2013

I have a similar sound card. It seems that this is the problem area and it may be worth contacting Creative at Customer Support. I had to replace my card a while ago; I thing something to do with the speakers caused a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?