W7 my mouse stopped working?

Uboat 19:54 20 Apr 2010

Hi everyone, ive just bought a small usb fan for my sons pc, it has Windows 7 on it (Genuine) & i went to plug it in & at first it didnt work then it did, now the mouse has stopped working.? ive changed the batteries & changed the mouse with a corded one but still nothing.? the keyboard works thou..
Anyone got any idea what is wrong & how to fix it pls.?

ame 19:57 20 Apr 2010

Sounds like usb power issue - not uncommon. Sometimes my optical mouse doesn't power up on startup. Have you unplugged fan and then unplugged and plugged back in mouse with pc still running?

Uboat 20:24 20 Apr 2010

ame thankx! yeah ive tried that & rebooted a couple of times.?

ame 20:30 20 Apr 2010

Is the fan still working? Do other usb devices work? Check usb contollers using Device manager.

Uboat 15:49 21 Apr 2010

ame Yes the fan is still working, i belive its the drivers currupted, ive got the logitech disc in teh dvd drive BUT when it says RUN i "Cant!" cause i cant press RUN.? any ideas pls?

Uboat 17:48 21 Apr 2010

btw ive just tried putting it in safemode! (F8) & the keyboard isnt working.? Then i reset the CMS jumper! nothing.? omg! any ideas pls

Uboat 22:51 21 Apr 2010

Anyone pls.?

Uboat 22:51 21 Apr 2010

Anyone pls.?

ame 10:31 22 Apr 2010

Sounds very odd that keyboard doesn't work in Safe mode. Can you get to System Restore?Sometimes you can use keyboard arrow keys to move cursor and make selections if mouse not working in Normal mode.
Do you have or can you borrow a PS/2 mouse?

Blackadderthe4th 10:38 22 Apr 2010

A sort of similar problem! My usb mouse would stop working on my laptop, it was the usb settings shutting down the power!

Uboat 14:17 22 Apr 2010

ame & Blackadderthe4th Thankyou! ive got a PS/2 mouse & that dont work either.? oh dear! i think im stuck...thing is EVEN a format wont work cause if its NOT working as it boots then a new os is pointless...any ideas again pls!?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?