W32/[email protected]

greggs 15:44 29 Sep 2003

Help I am constantly getting e-mails from this source.I have added the e-mail address to my blocked senders list but it still gets through.I have tried the microsoft website for updates without sucess.How do I stop these irritating and unwanted e-mails.
Gregs.

Jester2K II 15:56 29 Sep 2003

You can't - just delete them.

PSF 16:03 29 Sep 2003

You cannot block them as they change the address with every e-mail.

Recently I have turned of the preview pane in Outlook Express. My spam e-mails have almost stopped now.

When you preview the e-mail it reports back to the site it came from. I found this out when I was checking my router logs. There were a lot of sites with addresses I did not know.
They all had a similar address with @mx... The e-mails had only been previewed and not opened!!!

To turn off preview In OE Click View>>>Layout and then un-check Show Preview pane.

It will take a few weeks to work but they should get less and less as they do not get and feedback from you.

The other answer is to use Mail washer.
Try this way first it is less messing about.

PSF 18:06 29 Sep 2003

click here

Mail washer can be found at this site.

Irishman 18:30 29 Sep 2003

If you are using a Hotmail address then Mailwasher may not work as it does not download the junk mail folder form Hotmail which is where most of these end up. If you are downloading from Hotmail and using OE to view right click whichever folder these e-mails end up in and select properties-synchronisation-headers only. This way you are not downloading the full message and can delete any you don't like the look of.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?