[email protected]

Bad Dad 21:16 25 Mar 2004

Not at all a happy bunny. I broke the golden rule and opened an attachment but it was from someone I knew! It said I had picked up mydoom.j virus. Also was an e-mail from [email protected]. This said to open the attachment to remove the virus.....WRONG!!!!! This makes me feel very silly but the e-mail was from someone I knew. What makes me very angry indeed is my Mcafee antivirus just got an update on 10 march. So what bloody use was that!

Fortunately new version of Stinger removed over 9000 W32/[email protected]s files. Guess who's just done a backup! If antivirus software doesn't stop viruses, what chance have we got?

Indigo 1 21:19 25 Mar 2004

There are a lot of free AV tools which appear to be much more effective than McCaffee/Norton etc at removing dem lddle bugs.

Try AVG for one click here it's free.

Indigo 1 21:20 25 Mar 2004

Oops nearly forgot to say, don't have more than one AV prog running on your PC at a time cos they can cause all sorts of probs.

Bad Dad 21:21 25 Mar 2004

Thanks I'll give it a go.

Bad Dad 21:23 25 Mar 2004

Once I've finished my very large malt I'm e-mailing McAfee about my displeasure and removing it post haste from my computer!

romanab 21:39 25 Mar 2004

I have recieved 3 emails,all from spoofed addresses, over the past couple of days which had [email protected] attached but luckily my av caught them and dropped the attachments.I'm surprised to read that Mcafee didn't spot it as this is a very good virus checker(beats the pants off of NAV).If you wish to change your av you should have a look at f-secure,it tops most av tests including university of Hamburg.click here

Bad Dad 21:48 25 Mar 2004

I apolgize to Macafee. Just read an article on it on F-Sure website. It only appeared on March 21. Sorry Macafee :)

romanab 21:54 25 Mar 2004

Forgot to mention that f-secure 2004 is available on a 30 day free trial from thier web site or as a 6 month trial on the cover discs of PcPro(april)and the DVD version of Computer Shopper(May).There is also a pretty decent firewall included.

Bad Dad 22:04 25 Mar 2004

Macafee has updated their DAT files to include netsky couple of days ago. Still I think I'll change as I don't trust them.

The Spires 22:21 25 Mar 2004

15 days is a long time in between updates, my AV NOD32 just lately has been updating 3 times a day.

marilynbell 22:54 25 Mar 2004

I've got Trend Micro Internet Security and that had also been updating about 3 times a day just recently

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?