The [email protected] worm

Tripper 13:47 29 Dec 2003

Hi Guys,

This little beggar caused me some sleepless nights till I read about it on the Symantec website. I was / am recieveing lots of emails "from" my ISP Postmaster saying this mail was returned due to address not found. It obviosly has an attachment so I am instantly on my guard.

OK. So I did not purposfully send these mails so I must have a virus. Scanned with NAV and found virus but only in attachemnts of Postmaster emails. Curious. At first I thought I must be missing something, but what?

Then I read the info on this little sucker from the Symantecsite and now see that someone with my address in their address book is infected, and the worm is trying to intect me through these emails. This will obviously not happen as i am not keen to open any attachments.

So, my question is can anyone help me to find out who of my contacts is infected so I can tell them and stop this flood of spoof emails?

System: Win XP
Norton AV (up to date)
Pocomail 3

Tripper

Jester2K 13:50 29 Dec 2003

You'll have a hard time finding out who spoofed your address. All you'll know is it's someone who has your address in their address book...

Maybe just e-mail them all once and get them to download and run Stinger click here (a scanner for the top few viruses inc Klez) Then recommend everyone updates their AV or gets AVG Free Edition (click here) if not already installed...

johnnyrocker 13:50 29 Dec 2003

how about mailing your address book contacts and getting them to check themselves?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?