W32.Bugbear.B

Teterouge 09:54 27 Jul 2003

Subject Removal of W32.Bugbear.b - - - File location C:\windows\system\voqllkq.dll
OS Windows ME

Disabled RESTORE
Unable to delete with PestPatrol.
Rebooted (minimal boot) deleted voqllkg.dll but bug is reinstalled when I reboot in windows.
Symantic FixBugb (Fixtool for W32 Bugbear.B) unable to delete or repair infected files. Reason for unsuccessful attempts is that the _RESTORE folder and the infected files A0000002 & A0000003 located in the folder are hidden.
Any attempts to unhide folder and files results in the message . . . Access denied.
Have you any Idea how to unhide the folder and files so that I can manually delete?.

jazzypop 10:02 27 Jul 2003

You can not manually unhide or gain access to the System Restore files.

w32.bugbear.b@mm.removal.tool.html" title="http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear.b@mm.removal.tool.html" TARGET="_new">click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for instructions on how to disable and reinstate System Restore.

Note that you will lose all current System Restore points once you disable System Restore. This is to your advantage, as if you were to activate a System Restore Point that contained the virus, you would become re-infected.

jazzypop 10:03 27 Jul 2003

Try click here for the mangled Symantec link given above :)

Teterouge 16:34 04 May 2005

jazzypop Thanks disabled and reinstated System Restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?