W2K server netlogon problem

recap 13:56 26 Aug 2003

Hi all,

Problem with W2K server netlogon, some clients can connect to the network others cannot due to the netlogon not working.

All clients that cannot connect have all had to have DNS and WINS reconfigured.

On the server I get an event id but, on searching Microsoft there is no know event id. (event id 5737.

Source: Netlogon.

Description: "The system returned the following error code. Overlapped I/O operation is in progress")

I try to start the netlogon in a command prompt, but all it say's is " The net logon service could not be started". I run the Net helpmsg 3523 and all it say's is " the *** service could not be started".

If I run "net stop netlogon" command the netlogon stops, how can it when the netlogon is not running?

The client machines that cannot get on the network can ping the server and visa versa.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

recap

spikeychris 15:10 26 Aug 2003

Hi recap. Do you have third party real time backup installed? if soclick here

Have you tried typing NET HELPMSG 3534.

Chris

recap 15:49 26 Aug 2003

Thanks for that spikeychris.

Have tried net helpmsg 3534 result: The service did not report an error.

Explanation: The service did not report an error.

Action: Try the task later. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator.

I am and I am still stuck with the same problem, LOL.

Third party software taken off, just going to shut her down. Will get back to you.

recap 08:42 27 Aug 2003

Sorry I didn't get back yesterday spikeychris but, the chair and vicechair came in and draged me away as there was a breach of security at our other location and I had to go and sort it out.

Your suggestion about third party software was the cause. I uninstalled it but did not have to run the AD wizard.

Thanks for all your help.

recap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?