Vynyl to CD

surfer47 12:58 25 Jan 2009

What is the best way to go about transferring Vynyls to CD. I don't want to get too complicated. I have a Record Player, PC with XP and DVD writer.
Regards

DieSse 13:15 25 Jan 2009

Does your "record player" have a line-out connection?

Does your PC have a line-in connection? (most desktops do - many laptops don't).

Let us know what they both have, and a solution for cabling (and for some good software) will be a lot easier.

john bunyan 13:20 25 Jan 2009

Does your record player have either a "Line out" or "Headphone" socket? If so you can use a stereo lead with a male 3.5mm plug at each end, and one end goes into the record player (it needs an anpliferbuilt in or to play through), the other to the Line in or microphone female socket of your PC's sound card.Then you "capture" the music to a folder you create in "My Music" - usually in. WAV format. Some sound cards have this software, but there are free and paid for options. (eg Audacity, Nero, Roxio) Then you convert to a CD format using the software (I Use MP3 at 128mbps for pop or faster for classics, but it depends on the CD player)Finally you can burn the disc. Best to read this up on previous editions of PCA a things like ID tags are too much to include here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?