vx2.beterinternet...is it?

hugeb 11:25 19 May 2004

this vja.copy.dll has resurfaced. When I ran adaware this morn it showed up that vx2.beterinternet was a threat? with a registry change and altered file...vja.copy.dll This file is a copy of vja.dll and each time it is recreated it has the same date and size as the original. the annoying thing is that every now and then when first connected to the internet I get a message box popping onto the screen to inform me that....... RUNDLL An exception occurred while trying to run "C:\WINDOWS\system\vja.copy.dll",UMonitor
OK it may not be able to do anything cos I have Adaware...spybot...spywareblaster...Norton Internet Security 2004....Zone alarm but why even when I clean it out and delete system restore points does it keep coming back?

Any help would be appreciated....thanks

Re-posted this as did not realise that tick would still be on posting in main forum window....(simpleton)

Old Shep 11:43 19 May 2004

Have you tried booting up in safe mode and deleting it.

hugeb 13:01 19 May 2004

Old Shep....tried booting in safe mode but got message:
Error deleting file or folder

Cannot delete vja.copy.dll: Access is denied

Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use

ran adaware in safe mode and deleted all references to vx2 betterinternet but when I re started and connected to the net got the RUNDLL message again & still cannot delete vja.copy.dll

any more ideas??

Old Shep 13:16 19 May 2004

You could try click here or click here

Microdot 13:17 19 May 2004

"PestPatrol" is good for getting rid of vx2. and its derivatives

Cheers de Art.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?