Vtune 4.6

Patientedd 11:30 27 Nov 2007

Can anyone help?

I have some software on my PC called Vtune, version 4.6 I think. Anyone know what it is and how I can find out how to use it.

It came with the PC and think it was loaded on with the graphics card.

birdface 11:33 27 Nov 2007

Googled.click here=

Patientedd 11:53 27 Nov 2007

Thanks buteman but that isn't what I have on my PC, or be it not that new a version.

birdface 11:54 27 Nov 2007

As you can see it is up to version 9 now.I have never used it.So better waiting for someone else to give you the details.

birdface 12:00 27 Nov 2007

Wow it does not come cheap.290$

Patientedd 12:11 27 Nov 2007

The only things on it that are interesting me are two functions - Fan Control which tells me the temperature of the GPU and has two dials which I can move to change the fan speed one for fixed speed (2D) and one for dynamic speed (3D)and the other thing is another function is to do with core clock setting and memory clock setting, again there are two dials and I can change the Mhz of each.

The rest of the functions seem to be short cuts to programs you could get to without vtune.

birdface 12:32 27 Nov 2007

Hi Edd.I was just filling in until someone came along to help.Can you do that with your 6.4 and does it still work.I agree nothing to beat the freebies they are the right price and some of them are very good.You really need someone who is using or has used Vtune to give you some advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?