vsdatank.sys

neil67 15:38 22 Sep 2006

my computer was running really slow,so i checked for viruses with AVG free,AD-aware se personal,but computer still running slow.
so i decided to run system restore on doing this there was a file that stoppped it.
It said the file was Vsdatank.sys,not being that clued up on computers unsure what this means is it a virus and if so how could i get rid of it if it is,hope someone can help
many thanks
neil

ade.h 15:56 22 Sep 2006

Have you Googled yet? You must mean Vsdatant.sys, with a t.

neil67 16:04 22 Sep 2006

no i have not googled and yes it must be vsdatant.sys maybe i wrote it down wrong,i am not a whizz on computers so if i googled it i probably not understand it anyway. thanks
neil

ade.h 16:24 22 Sep 2006

It is a component of Zone Alarm and has a known issue associated with it. A Safe Mode uninstall, cleanup and subsequent reinstall is generally considered to be the most likely cure. It is also linked to EZ Armor (sic), which uses the ZA engine.

neil67 16:34 22 Sep 2006

adeh,do u mean unistall zone alarm and sorry to be a pain what do u mean by a safe mode unistall,as i said no nothing really about computers
sorry to be apain
neil

ade.h 16:41 22 Sep 2006

Boot into Safe Mode (F8 when prompted) and uninstall ZA.

rdave13 17:34 22 Sep 2006

For booting in Safe Mode in Win XP click here

neil67 17:43 22 Sep 2006

ade.h
Did what u said unistalled zone alarm in safe mode,then downloaded it again it starts to install then this comes up on screen
Set up uable to log into TrueVector service.install cannot continue without logging into TrueVector service.
please use the service manager to shut down TrueVector service and then restart the installer again

what has gone wrong please help
neil

ade.h 17:48 22 Sep 2006

It didn't uninstall properly.

You see, this is one of the reasons why I don't use or recommend ZA.

neil67 17:51 22 Sep 2006

what free firewall would u suggest

VoG II 17:53 22 Sep 2006

Try this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?