voyager 1055 adapter

Chas49 11:12 19 Oct 2008

Recently I was obliged to reinstall Vista on my computer. Prior to this the adapter was working fine. I have just tried to reinstall and failed.

The adapter disk is giving trouble ( I have two disks and both give identical problems). When install is clicked (either disk) a box comes up saying that there is an error running the utilities/setup. This same error also appears when clicking on the user guide button but quoting the user guide. I went into Utilities and ran the setup from there. A box comes up asking for me to add VID PID (whatever that is!) - clicking OK on that (without obeying the instruction) results in the installation continuing until a box comes up with the instruction to put the adapter into a USB socket. This done then the installation apparently stops - the disk light is working overtime and, after five minutes it was obviously going nowhere.

I am using the ethernet connection at the moment. Any help gratefully received.

rawprawn 15:35 19 Oct 2008

I think you will find VID PID is Vendor Product ID
but I don't know how to get round your problem. Have you tried checking or reinstalling the USB Drivers, I think that is where the problem lies.
Do other USB connected peripherals work?

rawprawn 15:37 19 Oct 2008

Also try a system file check. Open the Command prompt by right click and select Run as administrator then type sfc /scannow and hit Enter

rawprawn 16:13 19 Oct 2008

This may solve your problem Download BT Voyager driver downloads
click here
Good luck

Chas49 17:07 19 Oct 2008

Many thanks - the link was very useful. I downloaded the required driver, unzipped and installed it and voila! It works! Again, many thanks.

rawprawn 17:14 19 Oct 2008

Glad you are sorted, thank you for the feedback it's always helpful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?