The volume removed had open files on it...

derekw 20:51 06 Jul 2003

Has anybody else had this?
On booting first time for the day, I just get to the Desktop then B-S-D appears and declares "The volume removed had open files on it. Next time? Press any key etc." Then it reports "The file system that was mounted on the volume had data that needed to be flushed. Press any?" And then "A fatal exception?"
Ctl+Alt+Del usually gets the PC back up and running but often it takes a couple of the above cycles before I get control.
This occurred first about 3 weeks ago.
System is Win98SE and there is a Jessops Smart Media reader attached via USB (v1).
Seems as though a SM card could have been pulled in midstream of data down load? Possible, yes?
Where do I edit-out this incident. Have tried substituting an alternate registry but the problem seems to predate any appropriate copy I have.

Gongoozler 21:10 06 Jul 2003

Hi derekw. I entered your error message "The volume removed had open files on it" into the Google search box, and found several references to it. Hopefully one of the answers will help you. Have a look at these: click here, click here, click here, click here, click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?