volume icon

cliffoa 09:43 21 Feb 2009

Hi

My volume icon in speaker tray has been replaced by a 'Realtek' one. I preferred the old one that simply had a slider when clicked on it. but the realtek one gives you a pop up window, so you then have to mouse across to a slider button, it's a 2 step process so more hassle. Can I get the old default one back. Don't know why the realtek one suddenly appeared, as it didn't used to be there, probably some update, they're usually the culprit. If anyone knows how to default back to original volume icon I'd be much obliged.

MAJ 09:47 21 Feb 2009

Stop th Realtek one from starting in Start > Run, type:

msconfig

click OK and click the Startup tab. Untick the Realtek entry and click Apply and OK to exit. Reboot the PC, then go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices and tick the option to display volume icon in System Tray, click Apply and OK to exit.

Ex plorer 09:52 21 Feb 2009

You could try Start|Settings|Control Panel. Double-click the Multimedia icon. In the Audio tab, put a check mark next to Show volume control on the taskbar.

cliffoa 10:35 21 Feb 2009

thanks for both your suggestions MAJ and Ex plorer, I only tried MAJ's, and it worked first time. Much appreciated guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?