Volume control problems on my pc

julius44 19:55 06 Feb 2007

Hello again, and firstly just wanted to thank u ALL for the responses the my email loggin in problems, that i had, glad to say now sorted.

Well, about 2 days ago my vol control button started behaving erratically,.....firstly the vol icon button, that is normally in the bottom right hand corner of the screen has vanished....so i have to operate the vol control straight from my wireless keyboard/mouse(logitech)...more importantly...within the last 2 days the vol just increases to FULL, and the ONLY way i can reduce it it too switch off the pc for about 5-10 mins, and switch it back on again,...pls help. this seems to happen mostly when i'm using ITUNES to play my music.

SLAYER 19:59 06 Feb 2007

Go to start/control panel/sounds and audio devices and adjust settings there.

Totally-braindead 20:14 06 Feb 2007

If that fails try reinstalling your sound drivers that will hopefully put it back to default.
Perhaps ITunes has over ridden the normal windows volume control. I don't use it myself so can't suggest anything to do with that.

CurlyLocks 23:43 06 Feb 2007

To get your volume icon back go to Start/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Volume and check the option to 'Place volume icon in the taskbar'.
Some applications will alter the master volume but if you put the volume icon back you can control it.
Note that if you right click on the volume icon you can open Volume Control and adjust the volume of the various elements.

Enoch 15:21 07 Feb 2007

I had this problem and, on advice, I now hold down the Fn key (between control and the Windows symbol at the bottom left of your keyboard) and then key Page Up or Page down (top right on keyboard). This works perfectly for me on a laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?