Volume control keeps disappearing

matthewowl 16:07 04 Sep 2009

Hi. The volume control button in the bottom right of my screen has disappeared. It did the same a couple of weeks ago then came back after a couple of days. On the taskbar properties there is a tickbox but this is greyed out. Any idea?

Thanks

birdface 17:49 04 Sep 2009

Have you pressed the arrow to expand the box and it is not there. Is the arrow still there.

matthewowl 17:53 04 Sep 2009

Yeah pressed the arrow. Its not hiding in there. Thanks

birdface 22:53 04 Sep 2009

Ok.Try right clicking local area connection on the taskbar.Status.properties.Make sure the two little boxes at the bottom are ticked.[show icon in notification area.And notify me when this connection has limited or no connection] then press the Ok button.

birdface 22:59 04 Sep 2009

Please ignore last.Not sure what I was thinking about.But not what you are looking for.

Try Control Panel.Sound and audio devices.make sure place a volume icon in taskbar is ticked.

matthewowl 14:10 05 Sep 2009

Gone into "Hardware and Sound" from the control panel but there's no box to tick for the taskbar volume icon. I can change the volume from through the control panel but thats all. (I'm on vista by the way). B

ut thanks for your efforts buteman.

rdave13 15:17 05 Sep 2009

Have a look here; click here

matthewowl 16:41 05 Sep 2009

Cheers Dave.

Couldn't find the folders your link says should be in the registry editor but the download tool seems to have done the job. Volume icon (and network icon) now back in rightful place. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?