Volume of audio increases and decreases by itself.

Benjyman07 18:03 28 Mar 2008

HI,

I've been having this problem for a while now and never found an answer... any help would be very gratefully received! When I am playing audio from Itunes or Windows Media Player - or cd's or the internet come to to that, the volume output of my pc increases and decreases on it's own.

It's very frustrating, especially now I have a young child as occasionally the volume will increase to a very loud level and has woken him up a couple of times. I can't see why it's happening, and even if I have the Play Control screen open the volume slider doesn't move when it's happening. I'm using an SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio sound card on a XP Home Edition Evesham AMD Athlon 64 3200+ pc with some fairly old Creative speakers. Please don't tell me to buy new speakers! Any ideas?!

STREETWORK 18:49 28 Mar 2008

Spooky....

I would suggest reinstalling the drivers, or going to manufacturers website for latest drivers.

Also, double check the wires are in properly...

lotvic 19:34 28 Mar 2008

If it is different songs individually that are playing at different sound levels then this may be relevant click here
"Other formats
At present the loudness war tends to affect mostly audio CDs and consequently any MP3 or other copies produced from them."

if not then the only things I can suggest is checking all the cables are not loose and also reseat the sound card and reinstall the drivers for it.

I also found this click here
"Step 5: Adjusting the playback volume level of the finished MP3 files"
others may have more suggestions

Benjyman07 21:51 28 Mar 2008

Thanks very much... I'll have a play and see what happens!

Benjyman07 10:56 01 Apr 2008

Ok, so I updated the drivers and checked the connections and it's still happening!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?