Voipdiscount and their tariff?

Daibus 11:31 04 Sep 2007

I have been using Voipdiscount for some time now but I cannot understand their tariff.

My free 120 days has just expired so I am using my credit up to continue making calls, but in spite of the rates to the UK (I'm in Spain) being listed at 1cent a minute, they are charging me a total of 2cents a minute plus a 5cents connection charge.

On top of that the calls I have just made are even costing me a lot more then I've indicated above.

I was wondering if other people have found similar discrepancies in their and similar companies tariffs?

Technotiger 11:36 04 Sep 2007

If your contacts in UK also have PCs' - Skype is Free. click here

Daibus 11:57 04 Sep 2007

Yes I do have Skype installed, but with VoipDiscount and similar systems you can have a conversation using a landline phone to landline phone, which I seem to prefer.

Miros 12:59 04 Sep 2007

I can't say I noticed last time my 'free' days ran out.
I have 35 days left till next run out, might report back then if you can wait that long.
I still think it's cheap and convenient phoning leaving the main land line free for incoming calls.

I make large savings phoning Canada and Australia, not to mention calls here in the UK and the rest of the continent. My BT phone bill is pretty well just for line rental, anything extra would be just pennies.

Daibus 13:01 04 Sep 2007

Many thanks and would be good to here when have further information.

Daibus 13:02 04 Sep 2007

...sorry my spelling - hear!

Miros 14:28 04 Sep 2007

It's OK I read you :-) will do.

Miros 16:10 04 Sep 2007

I note you say landline to landline? I always use PC to land line.

Daibus 08:49 05 Sep 2007

Yes PC to landline calls do seem to be priced according to their tariff but landline to landline prices seem to have been increased.

If possible it would be good to see what your experience will be when your free period expires.

Miros 10:51 05 Sep 2007

I never use the landline to landline facility,if I'm honest I wouldn't know how without doing a little searching.

I'm quite happy using headphone and mike set.If I think On I'll do a test. Only 34 days now :-)

Miros 09:25 13 Sep 2007

Just tried this:click here
I guess it is the same family as VoipDiscount, made a fairly long call to a land line for free and no mention of making a deposit.

It's worth a try if your deposit is running out.

I still have 27 days on my VoipDiscount.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?