voip

heidelberg 20:31 17 May 2006

VOIP - is it worth it? I've heard conflicting reports!

Dave

Terry Brown 21:44 17 May 2006

I have looked at it, and unless you have family or friends overseas, and wish to have long conversations, I don't think it is worth it.

Or are you a business person, who is always making calls, this might be viable, however the quality is not (at present) as good as an analogue (Normal voice) line.

steven_frost 22:31 17 May 2006

I have BT Broadband voice i find it's great easy to use and it's like a normal phone line with 1471 etc and since i dont have to pay for evening and weekend calls its great also means if i have to make an urgent call and the girlfriend has the phone it's handy

Widows Son 02:44 18 May 2006

But if you compare it to others suppliers it stops making sense. Most of the alternatives have calls to most of the developed world for 2 or 3p per minute. In most cases you carry on paying BT the line rental to BT and your calls to the new supplier who'll let you keep your existing number check out uswitch click here

DieSse 09:48 18 May 2006

*VOIP - is it worth it?*

Is it worth what?

How much were you thinking of paying?

If you use Gizmo (or even Skype), it's free with other users of the same system.

I don't have a telephone line (here in Spain, out of town) - just a wide area broadband internet link - so ALL my telephoning is VoIP - so it's definately worth "it" to me! The rates are much better than I would get over the standard Telefonica line here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?