Vodafone wont receive e-mails

Halmer 20:31 29 Nov 2005

I've managed to send a mail via my phone but when I 'Retrieve' I get 'Retrieving failed'.

It's a Nokia 6310.

Anyone know why please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:48 29 Nov 2005

Getting email to a Vodafone phone can be done in two ways – via WAP or via your phone’s in-built email client – and one advantage that Vodafone has is that almost all its phones come with an email client.

To access mail using a Vodafone live! phone, simply select PXT & Email in the Live! menu, and select wapMail from the drop down list.

Here you can select the host of your email from a range of ISPs including ClearNet, Paradise, iHug and seven others. Pick your provider, enter your username and password, and you can access your email.

If you want to do more with email, like managing your in box, then it’s probably best to set up your phone’s email client. To do this simply visit Vodafone’s web site and click on the ‘mobile email’ link.
After registering you will be given a [email protected] email address.
What’s great about this system is the process is very easy.
After you have entered your details at the website, Vodafone sends the info directly to your phone.
No tricky installs required as you are prompted to install the settings when they arrive. Click ‘yes’ and the job is done.

If you want to keep your old email address?

In the case of somebody with a [email protected] address, you can set up forwarding or diverts from your current ISP email to your Vodafone mail – and then download your mail to your Vodafone phone.
As far as people emailing you are concerned, your email address will still be the same – [email protected].

Alternatively you can choose to receive your ISP email on your Vodafone mobile, just visit click here and choose the phone configurator option. Select your mobile device, go through the screens – then email settings will be sent to your phone and you will be able to receive your email from there on in. For web surfing and bill paying etc, you would still remain an iHug customer, but your email will now be managed by Vodafone.

Halmer 18:15 30 Nov 2005

Many thanks for that and your time.

I'll give it a go and post back.

Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone