Vodafone connect software never works

herc182 21:45 01 Apr 2007

Dear all, I have a mobile connect card that came with my laptop from vodafone. The software is crap. sorry, I have had so much trouble with it.

IS there a free alternative that i can use? Is there anyway i can use the connect card without the vodafone software? The card (the hardware) is installed (as windows installs it) so i wondered if there is something else out there that i could use?

thanks

woodchip 22:01 01 Apr 2007

The card works with a Vodafone Driver from the CD software. So will need to leave it on, and would think it only works with that

herc182 22:04 01 Apr 2007

the software no longer installs (now because of a runtime error apparently), but the card works fine according to "device manager" which is why i think it would work without the software?

silverous 10:31 02 Apr 2007

herc182,

Do you have the very latest version from the vodafone site? Do you have another machine you could try it on?

I've had issues with the software before also however you will need it.

The new "3G broadband" card (actually an external modem device) seems much better - the software comes on the device itself and automatically installs. If you are out of contract might be time for a change!

herc182 12:19 04 Apr 2007

I dont use it that often but would like it to work when i do!

I dont have another machine i could try it on but do have the latest software. I install it (the first part) then restart. When it restarts and goes into generating a profile it "performs and illegal operation". if i double click on the icon on the desktop it says "Runtime error".

So frustrating. The amount of times i have tried to bloody use it. I have had it work for 3seconds and thats it. in almost 10 months! awful piece of software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?