vob files on a dvd

menorcarob2 11:23 20 Nov 2003

i have a dvd that is of my daughters wedding and we have paid the photographer for the dvd, but i would like to edit it and incorporate some other footage and photos of my own, the file is .vob i went to the web to find the software to use this extension but got no where, can anyone tell me how i can do this editing. this is the name of the file on the dvd.. VTS_02_1.VOB would i need to convert this file and if so what software would i use.

Cretin07 13:05 20 Nov 2003

what kind of editing program are you planning to use? as different ones use different file formats

menorcarob2 13:44 20 Nov 2003

i dont know that is my problem i have one from the pca cd powerproducer

Chegs ® 13:47 20 Nov 2003

VOB files are DVD format,you would need a DVD ripper to load it onto your puter(usually in a different format AVI/SVCD/VCD,etc)then edit this with a suitable app,then burn the editted video file back to disc.

BigMoFoT 13:51 20 Nov 2003

To copy the VOB files from the DVD you should just be able to drag and drop, that is providing there is no copy protection on the DVD (which I seriously doubt).

However the files on the DVD are all arranged and the information stored in the video_ts files. So to add more VOB files would be quite difficult. The easiest way I can see is to convert the DVD and the new footage to avi format and recompile a new DVD from the avi files.

menorcarob2 14:03 20 Nov 2003

but that is my problem to convert the files, as i have powerproducer it will use .avi .mpg .mpeg and .dat but i do not know how to convert them. so that i can edit them.

cheers all

BigMoFoT 14:09 20 Nov 2003

Use tmpgen or dvd x to copy to avi and then use the tmpgen dvd version to burn to dvd

menorcarob2 14:29 20 Nov 2003

have had alook around but i cannot see where to get this software, any idea where i can download a trial perhaps.

thanks

Chegs ® 14:50 20 Nov 2003
  Cretin07 17:08 20 Nov 2003

nah get smart ripper which rips the dvd to your hdd. then use dvd2avi to make a path for the files and then use tmpeg to encode them into either mpeg or whatever.

struggle8 17:26 20 Nov 2003

DVD2AVI_1.77.3 use this it convert vob to avi then burn or edit it with nreo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie