VOB files

Daisy22 16:31 10 Dec 2008

I have some video files that are VOB files, but as well as this there are also IFO and BUP files.

I can watch them but only through media player but I would like to put them onto a DVD to watch through a DVD player (I'm going into hospital soon and would like to have something to watch).

I don't understand how to get these files to AVI or another system that I can burn and watch on a stand alone DVD player.

Any suggestions please

Devil Fish 16:43 10 Dec 2008

vob is a dvd file so you should just be able to burn it to disk and play it what you should have is a folder with your vob ifo and bup files in it burn them all to dvd using nero

NOTE do not use rewritable disks as you will need to close the disk to play them in a standalone dvd player

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:48 10 Dec 2008

Ifo BUP and VOB are the correct files for a DVD.

Pop a DVD in your drive and use explorer you will see two folder Video_Ts and Audio_TS

If you have these files on your hard drive then create a Viedo_TS folder insert the files and burn them to a DVD.

eedcam 19:19 10 Dec 2008

As said if yoiu have a Video Ts file ignore thwe Audio file ther is nowt in it in fact you mab not even have one they are not needed
I suggest you install the freebie Imgburnclick here Open it click on write files/foldsers to disc add or drag the Ts folder unopened into it have a blank disc in itclick write and wait

eedcam 19:31 10 Dec 2008

Oops that of course depends on the folder fitting on a single layer disc ie around 4.3G/byte max If its bigger you'll need something like DVD shrink also free to compress
Get it hereclick here not anywhere else as the are Sites out there that will try and charge for it or charge for there Ha! support

Daisy22 09:57 11 Dec 2008

I think this is a bit beyond my IT skills.

I've tried putting a DVD RW in, but how do I create the Video TS folder?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:17 11 Dec 2008

In explorer create the folder on your hard drive (File - new - folder)copy the files into the folder and then burn the folder to the DVD using your DVD burning software.

daveeb 10:45 11 Dec 2008

If all the files you want to copy are the complete contents of one DVD then (assuming you are using nero) burn the files as "DVD Video". Just drag ALL the files to the video_ts folder created by nero. If the files are from more than one DVD you will need to author them. As mentioned DVD shrink will do this for free (and is very good at it).

eedcam 10:56 11 Dec 2008

Daisy all our suggestions are valid but a\ppreciate can look a bit daunting to the novice if you like you can pm me use the wee yellow envelope and I'll walk you through it step by step and as basic as you need

David4637 13:55 11 Dec 2008

I am sure for DVD player compatibility an AUDIO_TS folder IS REQUIRED even though it has NO files in it, ALONG WITH VIDEO_TS where the video files are held. David

eedcam 15:00 11 Dec 2008

Disagree I see many commercial dvd's that have no audio Ts folder within only a video Ts one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Best Free Video Tutorials for Drawing and Painting

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie