vista+sony camcorder DCR-TRV16E

iceskater 13:02 05 Jan 2009

I have tried to download camcorder film from DCR-TRV16E to Dell XPS 420 using the Pixela Imagemaker ver 1.0 sotware and it won't work. The imagemaker software will not load the sony USB driver onto my PC. I believe this is not compatible with Vista?? It all worked fine with my old Windows software, it's just vista. Any ideas please, my camcorder is excellent and I don't want to ditch it? Will it work with a i link cable IEEE-1394. This is new territory for me! Thank you.

innerfusion 14:30 27 Mar 2009

You're right, Imagemaker is not compatible with Vista. No upgrade is available from Pixela but if you live in the US you can download a new software from Sony.com by entering your product details online. Hard luck if you live in Europe; the product site will just point you to sites where you can purchase a new software. We obviously don't mind being treated as lesser customers here in Europe.

Woolwell 14:54 27 Mar 2009

I've got a TRV15E and I simply connect it to my Vista PC by firewire (i-link) and can import using Windows Movie Maker and any other video editing software. You shouldn't need a driver for Vista as it ought to be built into Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?