Vista To XP Resolution Help

MogsyDude 13:55 06 Mar 2008

Hi,

This might be me just being dull...

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Windows Vista Home Premium Laptop...

I have created a new partition on my HDD so I can Dual Boot Windows XP.

When I go into Windows XP (SP2) It loads up fine... But the resolution is not right...

when it runs in Vista it shows in 1280x***, but when it runs in XP is shows in 1024x768 and will not go any higher (no option to drag it across any higher)

I have downloaded "QuickRes for XP" which I will be trying later when I am home. Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas I can try?

Any help will be much appreciated!

xania 14:15 06 Mar 2008

I suspect that you will need to reinstall your graphics drivers whilst in XP so that the drivers will update the XP registry.

MogsyDude 16:25 06 Mar 2008

I have a drivers CD that came with the laptop, But its all Vista drivers, When i go to update the drivers in "Device Manager" it will not work.

Thanks for the advice, I will give it another try to make sure but any other ideas would be a great help as I am willing to try anything! lol

tullie 16:37 06 Mar 2008

Can you go to manufacturers website and download the XP drivers?I dont suppose its the monitor,anyone?

crosstrainer 16:38 06 Mar 2008

Don't know the graphics chip off hand, but post back with the details.....You need the XP drivers installed on the XP partition to gain full functionality

MogsyDude 16:49 06 Mar 2008

Ok I will have a look into that.

To give you all some more ideas on helpin its a <b>Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1718i

MogsyDude 16:52 06 Mar 2008

I don't know all the info as I am in work at the moment not infront of the laptop.

But I am now looking on Fujitsu site for drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires