Vista for XP

Andy1991 13:11 03 Aug 2007

I use a lot of programs that give me the abilty to make my XP look like vista, such as Vistart, UXTheme.dll with a msstyle, ViOrb, Transparent TaskBar, QT TabBar and QT AddressBar and thoosjes Sidebar, and all the software like IE7 and WMP11 and WinDefender. But theres on thing i really want. A windows Explorer that really looks like the real thing andhas many of the functions and works like it. Is there anthing i can do to get that. (With out upgrading to vista)

A-Nonymous 13:47 03 Aug 2007

Why not try crystalxp.net and go to BricoPacks, then click Vista Insporat 2. Looks really good, I love it.

Andy1991 17:59 03 Aug 2007

Cause i don't want anything that could damage my operating system. And i think what u suggested replaces system files. And what if i don't want part of it. I like my own manual control of what runs. If there is some kind of way of changing how it looks, or maybe replacing it with another vista looking explorer and stop the other from coming up. Like vistart stops the origional start menu coming up and shows it self instead. Get what i mean. I don't want to replace any important system files. and i also like manually building all my own choice applications together for the final look. But is there not just one app out htere that functions and looks like Vista explorer in its self? This is the only app that i have not got that could complete my whole vista look, and now one has found it. It could be very popular if they did make one.

gpzdave 23:34 03 Aug 2007

Andy

I have used the crystal xp since last year, version 1 and 2 with no problems. It does come with a roll back on un-install but as with any installs, create a restore point. I now dual boot XP and Vista, touch wood, both are running ok. Good luck with your search for more add ons.

Andy1991 16:38 04 Aug 2007

NIce thoughts, but that pack is not really very good as it does provide a roll back tool so i can never be sure that everything is backt he way it was, and it all it has seemed to do is us the theme to get a green bar at the top. I have closer than that already. I don't really like the black title bar either. i will uplopad an image of everything i got now.

Andy1991 17:21 04 Aug 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?