vista wmp burning cd only issues

paul71 16:34 08 Feb 2010

I'm having problems burning cd's they will through wmp it will usually get through about five tracks then an error will occur saying the track couldn't be found and the pc will freeze when i try to stop the process but if i select the track to play through the wmp it will play can anyone help please

GaT7 18:07 08 Feb 2010

Are you running other applications while the burning is being done? If yes, try burning without running anything else.

If no joy with the above, it's possible there's a problem with WMP's inbuilt burner itself. To check if this may be the case, try another burning program. Here's a free one: Ashampoo Burning Studio (ABS) click here (with a few others to choose from at click here). Open ABS & choose: Burn or Rip Music > Create an Audio CD.

If you're player is capable of playing an MP3 CD, then create an MP3 disk. Open ABS & choose: Burn or Rip Music > Create an MP3....Disc. This method will hold considerably more tracks (up to 150-200 depending on the compression level) when compared to an Audio CD, which holds only 80 minutes worth or ~20 tracks. G

johnnyrocker 19:53 08 Feb 2010

one post per problem is usually sufficient to obtain help, suggest marking the first one as completed and continue with this one?

johnny

paul71 15:01 09 Feb 2010

Thank you Crossbow 7 ashampoo works great still mystery as to why wmp won't burn cd's but at least discs can be made. Great advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017