Vista Ultimate Backup and Restore

woodm01 21:22 11 May 2008

I have an internal drive installed just for backups + along with an external hard drive. I have setup the Windows Backup to backup to the internal drive on Mondays.

Is there any way of setting it up to backup also to the external hard drive on another day ?

Also, is there anyway of automating the image backup to run on specific days?

kinger 23:00 11 May 2008

click here have 'TrueImage' which you can do that. Not sure vista can, though.

kinger 23:03 11 May 2008

this is a better link, should take you to the very page to save searching.

click here

FatboySlim71 07:54 12 May 2008

I use Acronis True Image 11 with Vista Ultimate and I have not had any problems with it. I think so highly of Acronis True Image that I think it should come with every new PC, IMO its an absolute must for every computer user, its very simply to use and.

Mr_Wood,

I'm quite sure that it is possible (although I have never done it) to schedule a task on a day/time that you want with Acronis True Image, but has I have mentioned I have never done this, I normally just do a backup every Saturday.

crosstrainer 08:09 12 May 2008

Acronis True Image 11 is the only way to make an exact copy of your drives contents. Windows backup will not include system files and you would need to re-install Windows should things go wrong.

I have a 500GB external hdd which I use for backups, using Acronis. It's not free, but worth every penny IMO.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?