Vista UAC Users Account Control.

Naomi1 15:59 22 Dec 2008

Vista Home Premium 64bit SP1;

Because I am the one and only user of my PC, owner, user, controller, administrator, whatever, I disabled AUC in order to get rid of those nasty warnings everytime I try to take the slightest action.
But now I get nasty warnings, all the time, that UAC is disabled. Of course it is; I wanted that myself!
How can I get rid of those stupid warnings?

Sea Urchin 16:04 22 Dec 2008

Download this program, which will give you the option to tick "Remember My Answer"

click here

tullie 16:06 22 Dec 2008

The warnings arent stupid are they

rawprawn 16:09 22 Dec 2008

Control Panel - Security Center - Change the way that Security Center alerts
me..

skidzy 16:18 22 Dec 2008

you will be hard pressed to better the program in Sea Urchin's link.
Its an excellent application and will learn user habits once the box is ticked.

Give UAC a week,and most of your prompts will be gone.

Naomi1 16:46 22 Dec 2008

@ tullie; warnings are OK and even necessary.
But if you decide to get rid of a window that warns you for something you deliberately choose and confirmed, than thát warning is stupid and annoying.
@ rawprawn; Thanks, but I already saw that possibility, but I don't want to get rid of all warnings; just the stupid "reminder" that I disabled UAC, of which I don't want to be reminded anymore, that's all.

skidzy 16:55 22 Dec 2008

1. Click Start, type msconfig, and then press Enter. The System Configuration tool opens.
2. Click the Tools tab.
3. Click Disable UAC and then click Launch.
A command window appears, and shortly thereafter, a notification bubble appears informing you that UAC is disabled. Restart your computer to apply the change.
To re-enable UAC with Msconfig.exe, follow the preceding steps, clicking Enable UAC instead of Disable UAC.

Or Tweak UAC click here

skidzy 17:00 22 Dec 2008

Or;

Registry Hack - Turn off the notification that you disabled UAC

If you use the Control Panel or the Local Policy to control the UAC then you get a notification to warn you that the UAC has been turned off. What this registry hack does is disable that notification box.

Launch regedit and navigate to:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{FD6905CE-952F-41F1-9A6F-135D9C6622CC}

You have two choices, either disable or delete. If you go for the disable, then you could rename the key, for example {FD6905CE Notify}.

Editing the registry can be risky for some at the best of times,i would advise you backup the registry first and export it to somewhere you can find it easily (ie Documents)

Sea Urchin 17:47 22 Dec 2008

I thought you liked my link? :@)

Naomi1 21:11 22 Dec 2008

Thanks all of you, in the next couple of days I will try out your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?