Vista System Restore

Taff™ 09:50 16 Feb 2008

Not technically a problem here, more of information for others. I have a laptop with Vista Premium and 120Gb hard drive. 15% of that drive is automatically reserved for System Restore. I use Acronis True Image to back up my entire system once a week so to some extent System Restore isn`t essential to me.

I noticed that my used disk space had crept up to 47Gb so I turned off System Restore and rebooted. Used Space was then 32GB - a saving of 15Gb. Then turned it back on and created a new manual System Restore Point - Used space increased but by less than 1Gb.

If you`re pushing the limits of your hard drive it might help you but make sure that you have a stable system before you do this because it`s irreversible.

skidzy 11:20 16 Feb 2008

Hi Taff™

This will sort the SR issue;
click here
and read click here

Taff™ 12:41 17 Feb 2008

Thanks for the links skidzy I`m sure others will also find them useful. I`m not too concerned because of my current backup routine and the fact I`ve got about 80Gb of space anyway. I was really posting a tip for anyone who hasn`t this luxury.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?