Vista sleep and MS Word

Sixosix 15:02 03 Mar 2010

I have a problem with my MS Word from the suite MS Office 2007. Under normal circumstances it works correctly in all respects however, if I use my Vista HP to adopt sleep mode ( which performs normally in all other respects) when I wake the system, I have the following problem with Word whether or not it had been activated before adopting sleep mode. The problem disappears if the system is re-booted.
When Word reactivates or is started after sleep the dialog panel below is displayed.

Microsoft Office Word

(Icon with ! in yellow triangle) Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment
variable.
Button = ok

Clicking the ok button brings up the normal Word interface plus a blank document with blinking cursor at normal first line position. However the cursor will not type any letters from the keyboard.
Normal response to an ‘open’ instruction allows an existing document to be displayed on screen now overlaid by the dialog box first seen. Once again clicking the ‘ok’ button thereon will remove the box and allow changes to be made to the document but will not allow it to be saved (with the changes). The amended document can however be printed.
Closing and re-starting word will not remove the faults.
A system re-boot does clear the problem.
What is causing my problem and please how do I put it right.

lotvic 15:17 03 Mar 2010

solution fix click here

How to reset user options and registry settings in Word
MS KB822005 click here scroll down to Method List for instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?