Vista Sil3114 RAID driver help !!

jameswalpole 22:08 13 Feb 2007

I have installed Windows Vista 64bit home premium edition to my pc, my pc has an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard and has an onboard 3114R Raid controller, I have managed to install Vista using the Sil 3114R5 driver, but this is not does not work correctly, I get the following message everytime I boot up:

cannot verify the digital signature for this file Sil3114r5.sys

The only way I can boot up with Vista is to press F8 and disable digital verification, I feel this is due to the wrong driver being in use, can anyone please advise which driver I should be using ?

STREETWORK 22:17 13 Feb 2007

This just means that windows has not verified that the driver is vista compatible, as you did, just disable the driver signing verification, but if you install any other devices re-enable it again...

jameswalpole 22:20 13 Feb 2007

It isn't a matter of enabling it again, disabling it only works for that reboot, its required every single time I boot my machine.

Ashrich 22:29 13 Feb 2007

All drivers for 64 bit Vista and XP must be digitally signed ( WHQL ) for Windows to not have a fit ...there is probably not a suitable driver available at the moment

Ashley

jameswalpole 22:33 13 Feb 2007

I really and honestly wish I'd not bothered upgrading to Vista, my XP installation was rock solid, now my machine is unstable and slug slow.

I'm gutted.

STREETWORK 22:38 13 Feb 2007

click here

Scroll down to the vista driver link and select either the 32 or 64 bit version depending on your PC...

Kate B 22:39 13 Feb 2007

Can you downgrade to the 32bit version? I've got the A8N SLI deluxe mobo and that Raid controller plus Nvidia's and (once I'd flashed the bios) my install went fine and has continued to behave well.

jameswalpole 22:43 13 Feb 2007

Cheers STREETWORK, that looks really promising !

Now forgive the dumb question, but how can I update that driver ????

anskyber 23:01 13 Feb 2007

It's not about RAID controllers. By choosing 64bit you have excluded drivers which may work but not digitally signed.

It's not even about Vista not liking drivers, the 64bit version will not accept drivers which are not signed. The 32bit version will accept unsigned drivers if you ask it to do so.

jameswalpole 23:06 13 Feb 2007

So anskyber, my only option is to wait until there is a signed version of the driver ?

STREETWORK 07:56 14 Feb 2007

Use the 32 bit driver, just double click the downloaded file and it will self install and prompt a reboot. On rebooting it will load the new driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?