Vista sidebar.. working in xp?

theDarkness 17:00 13 Jun 2008

I have an xp desktop and a vista laptop. I have no real problems with 32 bit vista, and all my xp programs now work fine after updating. Although I dislike the optional aero look of vista, I do like having the vista sidebar with its analogue clock and notepad. Has anyone managed to get the official vista sidebar running on xp? Searching around it seems most can get it going click here but it may not start up automatically on xp after booting up. Ive been using vista a while now, i know there are plenty of unofficial versions out there also for xp.. this is supposedly the best one and is freeware click here

wolfie3000 17:16 13 Jun 2008

This is the best out at the moment, iv used it in the past and it works wonderfully.

click here

theDarkness 18:21 13 Jun 2008

thanks, that thoosje sidebar looks much better.. any chance someone could split it into 2 or 3 files for me to download..? Im on a mobile phone which tends to be a little unreliable! thanks if possible

MCE2K5 23:08 14 Jun 2008

Sidebar_V_2_3_by_Thoosje.zip I have split it into 3 Parts, and placed here

Part 1. click here

Part 2. click here

Part 3. click here

Use €dstowe's Link from click here to put it back together, Use the "FFSJ-Lite" Program, It works.

MCE2K5 23:20 14 Jun 2008

It works, sort of, pm me and I can tell you how to put the 3 Parts together, Just a case of Remnaming.

theDarkness 03:38 28 Jun 2008

I managed to get j-lite and part 1, think site is now offline with 2 and 3 (different website? or just my phone? Lol!) ..so ill try those later on, might just work on this thing.. cant wait until mobile phones become more advanced though.. :) thanks very much, ill let you know if it works

MCE2K5 00:10 29 Jun 2008

Just checked, All 3 Parts still available.

rdave13 00:23 29 Jun 2008

Google did it first.

theDarkness 15:56 29 Jun 2008

worked fine-site must have been temporarily off when i first tried it. thanks, will prob spend ages modifying it now :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017