vista sevice pack 1

jade25 10:04 09 Jun 2008

I have just got a message to download the above vista pack, l have windows update to tell me before installing.
I am a bit worried downloading it as had terrible trouble with the XP service pack.
Can anyone tell me if its ok that has downloaded it.
I still have freezing when switching on, printer not working, no sound and other problems with vista but l work round them as can't afford buying a new pc but can do without anymore problems,
jade

belfman 10:06 09 Jun 2008

Microsoft held back this update for some folk. If it's now telling you it's available this means you system will be fine.

Back up your stuff though - you should be doing that anyway.

I had no trouble at all, and a little bit of a speed gain on some systems.

Halmer 10:12 09 Jun 2008

and there may be times when nothing seems to be happening but let it do it's stuff and you'll be fine.

jade25 10:17 09 Jun 2008

Hi, am just worried as have problems now with l got this pc, got it when they were just updating XP to vista, that is what the store said was the reasonl have problems.
I have only got worked saved on disc as tried to back up on vista and came up with lots of problems if you have an easy way l would like to know how to do it.
Have had great computers till this one and a friend bought the same one and she is having the same things not working as l am.
But if you can't afford new one l just have to get round it which l do mostly,
jade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?