Vista service pack 1

Grahame-255397 11:40 20 Jul 2008

Windows automatically downloaded and installed this a couple of days ago and now the PC is virtually unusable - freezes when you try to do almost anything. I did a system restore in safe mode and all is well again. Has anyone else had problems with SP1 for Vista?

Pine Man 11:46 20 Jul 2008

I think you will find that lots have. Just googled 'Vista SP1 problems' and it doesn't make good reading:-(

jakimo 12:27 20 Jul 2008

I manually installed SP1 and had loads of problems.my system now runs better without it,have a look

click here

peter99co 12:39 20 Jul 2008

Send an Email to Microsoft Support. I did and have a Software Engineer attempting to fix my problem. (only W/media player freezing) still a problem though. I removed SP1 and was told to restore it and try creating a new profile and see if the problem was still there. It did not work but you may be lucky. The other option was to try an in-place upgrade from the Vista disc (repair) with SP1 update on the PC. We are not out of the woods yet but still trying.

blueboy2uk 13:00 20 Jul 2008

same probs here my hard dvive is not being reconised at all so i cannot even try system restore and cannot try repair using the disk i am going to ring around and find a computer repair center to help me out this should not be happening i think major conflicts with hardwear and software are at the bottom of this and microsoft will not admit it no wonder the extended xp till 2012.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?