Vista - send to menu

profi 01:11 02 Mar 2007

'email recipient' does not appear on the 'send to' menu in Vista. How can I add it?

bennyhillslovechild 01:19 02 Mar 2007

Hmmmm - works for me okay. Send to -> Mail Recipient - I'm using Outlook 2003 if that makes a difference.

profi 01:25 02 Mar 2007

I'm using Windows Mail (tho Outlook 2003 is installed too), but when I right-click a picture and select 'send to' the option of 'email recipient' is not there - and I can't find the 'send to' menu to edit.

bennyhillslovechild 01:27 02 Mar 2007

to edit the send to menu in vista:

C:\Users\[LogonId]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

profi 01:49 02 Mar 2007

Thanks - I'm almost there! I've tried to add a shortcut to the 'send to' list, but the nearest I can get is a shortcut which opens Windows Mail, not actually placing the picture in an outmail. What am I missing?

bennyhillslovechild 04:06 02 Mar 2007

Well, technically this is an XP fix, so may not work under Vista - but worth a try.

click here

Just remember the file path to get there will be different

profi 08:13 02 Mar 2007

With grateful thanks to bennyhillslovechild, I now have the email recipient option.
The first part of the fix (unregister) didn't work as sendmail was not recognised. However (after setting a restore point, just in case) the second part did. TVM.

profi 10:40 03 Mar 2007

Although I marked this as resolved, I have since discovered a new (and better) route to achieve what I was after - which may be of interest to others. If you open Windows Photo Gallery, the task bar offers 'email' as a standard option. Highlight the picture, hit email, and an outmail opens up in Windows Mail (after a resizing option).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?