Vista problem with Konica Minolta magicolor 2400W

Rebuilt 20:11 13 Oct 2008

I had no problem with is printer on XP Pro. When I did my enforced rebuild and went to Vista Ultimate I got the latest drivers for this printer and installed them - no problem.
However, I have 2 separate accounts on my PC (one for me and one for the wife).
When I configured the printer on her account there appeared to be a problem. The driver runs a pop-up program that displays the status and allows you to look at various things like toner levels.
When I signed on as her it said 'Fatal Print Spooler Error' 'Access Denied'
After some fiddling around (installing/deinstalling the driver) I found that whichever of us had the driver installed last got this problem. However - printing still worked!!

I have tried setting it up as a shared printer but then the pop-up is no longer accessible so I cannot see supplies status etc.

Any ideas?

Rebuilt 14:56 16 Oct 2008

Bump - any ideas?

Rahere 15:14 16 Oct 2008

not sure but could it be that one account has more limited access than the other - for example did you install the printer in admin mode in both cases?

Rebuilt 18:32 16 Oct 2008

Thanks for your reply.

Yes - it was installed in Admin mode in both. In fact I can flip-flop between which works depending on which was installed last.

Woolwell 21:44 16 Oct 2008

Have you e-mailed Konica?

281apple 09:17 17 Oct 2008

I'm not an expert and having Vista only for about 4 months, I had an almost similar problem. The necessary OK from the Administrator is driving me crazy. It took me a long time to get the printer to work and now it works but honestly I don't even know how I did it. The problem might well be with the Administrator(s).

Rahere 10:10 17 Oct 2008

I don't have Vista but I know in XP thee's the option to allow all users of the PC to use a program when installing - does this exist in Vista?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?