VISTA PREMIUM AUTORUN DOES NOT WORK

rotormota 20:03 12 Jun 2009

Hi,
I have 2 disc drives on my HP Pavilion Vista Premium Media Centre SP3 PC. If I insert a software disc into one of the drives it will autoplay the setup feature fine. The other drive simply has a green light flashing for about 30 seconds while the disc spins & then nothing. It's annoying because I had this issue a short while ago & I found a solution on the web concerning editing an entry or two in the registry but stupidly I didn't save a reference & now I can't find it anywhere?

Any ideas?

Cheers,
J

MAT ALAN 20:07 12 Jun 2009
  rotormota 20:18 12 Jun 2009

Thanks. Checked that but it is set correctly. Any other thoughts?

MAT ALAN 20:25 12 Jun 2009

If it works in one and not the other i would say the "other" is dying...

you could try uninstalling the device rebooting PC and letting your O/S re-detect it...

woodchip 20:38 12 Jun 2009

Sounds like one is a CD drive and other a DVD drive if the disc is a DVD then CD drive cannot read it. But a CD should play in both

rotormota 20:42 12 Jun 2009

Hi, they are both DVD/CD Rewriters. I'll try an uninstall.

woodchip 20:51 12 Jun 2009

Then I would say the drive is on the way out

rotormota 20:57 12 Jun 2009

Still the same after a reinstall. I don't think its on the way out. The PC is only a few months old & the drive in question burns, plays, rips OK.

AlanHo 21:50 12 Jun 2009

Try this autoplay repair wizard
click here

MAT ALAN 21:58 12 Jun 2009

AlanHo

not sure that applies to vista, i have used it and it works perfectly on XP, worth a go maybe, nothin to loose...

gengiscant 08:14 13 Jun 2009

Not a solution but autoplay has worked only for a short time on my vista both premium and ultimate.

I have no Idea why it suddenly started to work,but I have reinstalled vista so it doesn't again. Ho hum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?