Vista and Nvidia network controller + sleep issue

Gaz 25 23:01 15 Jul 2007

First of all I had an issue where the PC would not sleep, instead I just get a black screen. Same when it resumed.

I had to hard reboot the whole system. Upon doing so, I noticed none of my network connections worked when I logged in.

This is nforce network contoller onboard to a 590 Chipset motherboard running Vista ultimate.

I have 2x gigabit connections, and nither worked. I rebooted. One worked, other didnt. Rebooted, None worked. Intermittent.

I tried to reinstall drivers and the system hung. Same on uninstallation and installation.

I did manage to get the driver reinstalled at one point but the issue persists. I have currently started up and both work, but how long before none work again?

Any ideas?

ArrGee 11:37 16 Jul 2007

This is a problem I had too and contacted nVidia support. The following is the reply I received and resolved the problem for me:

Please visit the given below link and run driver cleaner application that will remove corrupted and unwanted files from the system registry. After running the driver cleaner application un install the existing driver version and install 96.85 driver version for NVIDIA GeForce 7600 Graphics card on Windows Vista operating system in Safe mode.

Driver cleaner Link:

click here

Please visit the link given below to download the driver and click on save button, the driver will get downloaded into your computer by itself.

Windows VISTA 32 bit

click here

Windows VISTA 64 bit

click here

Gaz 25 12:15 16 Jul 2007

I do have a 8800 series card though, but I'm sure it would work.

If it happens again I'll give it a try.

Wonder why the drivers become corrupted?

Gaz 25 12:17 16 Jul 2007

It says:

OS Support: Windows 2000/XP

Did it work on Vista?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017