vista not genuine

typhoon2008 01:32 25 Mar 2008

hi

Since today in the lower right corner of my screen I have a "Windows Vista (TM) Build 6000 This copy of Windows is not genuine" text.
i have tried to retype the the serial key but get error message which says invalid data,i cannot log into my account,even in safe mode i am not able to log in,this happened when i selected diagnostic startup,on first restart i had no problems it statred on second restart???

mrwoowoo 02:28 25 Mar 2008

At some point a program, when you did a diagnostic start up,(in error) has attempted to access a very specific memory block that contained Licensing data that Vista was protecting. Vista decided it was being hacked and momentarily entered a Non-Genuine state but almost immediately returned to a Genuine state. Unfortunately, when Vista enters a Non-Genuine state, it adds that the Non-Genuine text on your desktop and once Vista is back in a Genuine state, it can take up to 2 reboots for the Text to be removed.
I suggest going to click here and click the Validate Windows button and then reboot 2 times. The Non-Genuine text should then be gone.

mrwoowoo 02:36 25 Mar 2008

If it doesn't work try this.
1) Click the Start button
2) Type cmd in the Start Search field
3) At the top the Start window, you will see cmd.exe
4) Right Click cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator

5) Type: cscript %windir%\System32\slmgr.vbs /ilc %windir%\System32\licensing\ppdlic\Security-Licensing-SLC-ppdlic.xrm-ms

6) Hit the Enter key

7) Reboot 2 times

typhoon2008 03:10 25 Mar 2008

got it fixed
this is how i done it
in cmd i opened msconfig and selectednormal startup
after reboot i had the following message windows activated successfully,but the vista not genuine text was still there,i chnged the startup to selective it only did the vista not genuine disspear

mrwoowoo 03:23 25 Mar 2008

Nice one...i like a happy ending.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?