Vista Non Destructive restore

kalstras 09:03 22 Apr 2009
Answered

I am having trouble with my comp and the network wont identify. My ISP said it was HP's issue but it worked yesterday. I tried a roll back and it was unsuccessful. This all happened after installing Norton 360 v3 on top of my v2 which was uninstalled first. HELP I was wondering if Vista had a Non Destructive system restore or there was some other way to get services up and running. Allmy other computer programs and apps work fine btw

thanks very VERY much

/kal

Technotiger 09:18 22 Apr 2009

Personally I would get rid of Norton for a start, nothing but trouble according to what one reads on Google.

click here

I would not touch it with the proverbial barge-pole .... but that is just my own opinion - no doubt others will disagree!

have you tried click here
also flush dns click here
i think googling anything with 'is rubbish' as an ending is unlikely to find any positive threads to be honest.

kalstras 10:27 22 Apr 2009

how unhelpful is that? Ok you don't like Norton, but I have been using it on my home systems for ten years. Please does anyone know of a way to do a non destructive system restore on a Vista system? I have an HP Pavilion Media Centre 7775.uk-a btw

Many thanks

Kal

kalstras 10:28 22 Apr 2009

thank you adman 2 am looking into your advice now
:)

Kal

Curio 18:59 22 Apr 2009
Answer

Have a read of this. May be beneficial
click here

kalstras 08:54 23 Apr 2009

Thanks for that Curio!!

worked a charm m8!

;) Kal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?