vista no speak

ajs160n 14:51 13 Feb 2011

Have got an old HP jornada PDA which according to HP and others will not connect to Vista.This old pda was designed to work with active sync up to and icluding XP but will have nothing to do with vista including the vista mobile centre. Anyone out there know better!

howard64 15:59 13 Feb 2011

have you tried compatibility mode to set it up as if an xp machine? If you attempted to install any prog files for it delete/uninstall them then reboot before using compatibility mode

ajs160n 16:47 13 Feb 2011

Thanks for reply--looked into compatability but it seems more to do with checking older programmes for compatability not hardware---the computer cannot find a driver to "speak " to the pda.

robin_x 23:50 13 Feb 2011

I had a hunt around for interest seing this lonely thread. I guess you have an old 520 or 540.

Seems to be impossible.

Advice seems to be get your data off on an XP machine (or downgrade your own to XP!)
If you have an XP disc I suppose you could set up dual boot. Will need licence key after max 30 days.

Or transfer by 512MB (1GB poss?) memory card.
If you have a card slot.

Woolwell 10:15 14 Feb 2011

Not a great deal of help to you but I had similar problem with an old Palm PDA and Vista was a step too far for it. On the plus side my smartphone now does more and quicker than the old pda.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?