Vista -- no keyboard layout button

Florio 21:41 25 May 2010

I have an Italian version of windows vista, and so the keyboard and language settings are naturally in Italian. But for a particular music notation software I've just bought, I need to change my keyboard temporarily to English (U.S.). English is installed by default as a second language on my pc, but for some reason there is no keyboard layout button on the task bar. How can I get the button to appear? (I have already followed the advice given on the Microsoft site, to no avail).
Florio

northumbria61 06:45 26 May 2010

Florio - is this what you are looking for ?

click here

Florio 18:54 26 May 2010

No, not really. Sorry.
I've contacted the author of the software in question, and I should change my keyboard to US layout. According to my control panel, this layout is installed but I cannot get the keyboard layout button to appear on the task bar.

Woolwell 20:15 26 May 2010

Reading the web there seems to be a number of users who have had this problem and I cannot find a reliable fix. I cannot experiment as I don't have a second language installed. But I wonder if Left Alt + Shift would be a workround click here

Florio 20:26 26 May 2010

Left Alt+Shift does indeed change the default language from Italian to English, but not the keyboard layout; I cannot do this unless I have the relevant button displayed.
Florio

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017