Vista mouse pointers

Billyke 11:02 25 Apr 2008

It's nice of the guys at Microsoft to give us the option of customizing our desktops but the pointers with Vista seem to be a problem.

Right click desktop / mouse pointers.

Browse to find new ones

Click apply.

Great, for that session.

When the computer is turned off at the end of the session and turned on for the next session all mouse pointers have returned to the default pointers and have to be reset to the custom options.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

Sea Urchin 11:50 25 Apr 2008

Is it any better if you go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers and change it from there? Maybe you can set default?

Billyke 16:35 25 Apr 2008

Thanks Sea Urchin, hadn't thought of that route. Didn't work though, same dialog box came up with no different buttons or options.

Incidentally, I have my choice of pointers saved as a scheme. When I start the computer and have to reset to my sceme, it is already highlighted as being in use. All I have to do is click OK - I don't have to re-apply.

Odd.

Sea Urchin 16:39 25 Apr 2008

Just a long shot, but it might work. If you select a different scheme and Save As etc - go through the procedure - then open up again and select your scheme and again Save As etc. Sounds crazy, but it can work.

Billyke 21:30 25 Apr 2008

Just tried it - nope.

Also tried saving my scheme with a different name - nope.

Puzzle isn't it?

Billyke 16:19 04 Jul 2010

Yeees!! Cracked it!!!

Save your own cursors in the C:Windows/Cursors folder first, then make the changes. Simple realy!?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?