Vista laptop no connection to wifi router

User-E70658AE-BDD7-4DD5-AE5EE3B7769D7D2C 11:40 13 Jul 2008

I am running a desktop using Windows XP Pro which is connected to a BTHub router via Ethernet which works fine. My son has a new laptop (wireless enabled) running Vista home - however he cannot connect wirelessly to BTHub in fact 9 times out of 10 it does not see it. I have religiously followed all instructions and triple checked everything but no joy. He is ok when connected to BTHub via ethernet. Any tips please.

Regards
Boike

Ashrich 22:07 13 Jul 2008

Firstly I would uninstall the wireless adapter from device manager and reboot the system , if that doesn't sort it I would then manually update the drivers for the card to see if that makes a difference . Does the laptop use a utility from the manufacturer to make the wireless connection or does it use Vista to see and connect ?

Ashley

Ashrich 22:09 13 Jul 2008

Another thought , try temporarily turning off the firewall on the Vista laptop , and check in the router that Access Control isn't turned on and blocking him out .

Ashley

I'm having a similar problem. Resetting the Hub works, but for only couple of hours (I plugging it off and put it back after few minutes-- it's a kind of hard-core and pain-in-the-You-Know, really).
I'll check the solutions above later on, though.

Sene

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone